Close

User Tag List

Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your target for retirement at 65?

assuming you plan to retire at 65

i definitely have no plans to do anything but coach little league football when i turn 65

what kind of salary would you like to live off of each year after 65? 100k? 75k? 50k? (for people who dont like in LA, DMV, or Tri-State)

For me, i think i'm good with 80 - 100k generated off of my savings

something like 2 million will need to be generated in the next 30+ years for myself with a conservative return of 6%

of course that required amount can be lessened with social security and a pension...just a ballpark goal for me at the moment
    "What's good? Whats good in the hood tho?"

Mentioned
    1530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reach full retirement pension at 49 years old which gives me 50% of my best 3 years of salary including all overtime. For every year thereafter, I earn 2% to get a max percentage of 80% if I stay until 64 years old. I don't plan on working that long though.

I want to retire st 55 years old, which gives me 62% which I'm good with. That will give me around $70,000 per year from pension.

I have a 457b plan, which will start to pay me at 60 years old. I'm sure my savings plus pension can hold me over for 5 years until this kicks in, which will give me about 10,000 per year if I continue my contributions the way I do, which is about $6,000 per year

I have a long term life insurance policy as well. It reaches full maturity at 59 years of age, however I can't use it until 65 years of age. This will pay me roughly $12,000 per year, give or take a percent.

So that's about $92,000 per year in retirement. My wife has a 401k that she has been contributing to for s long time, and will get some funding from that

Together, we'll have $100,000 in retirement. I do not plan on having s mortgage at this point.

For residual income, I'm hoping to own a few houses for rental purposes. We were going to get involved with it this year but things in our lives have changed suddenly, and we want to finish the remodel of this house to get in our next one quicker.

I think we will be ok @Bad Dude

Good thread, man.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by NV. View Post
    I don't do drugs. I smoke weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by J o o k

Mentioned
    1530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and I will NOT be living in the Northeast

I'm hoping South Carolina, North Carolina, or Boca Raton, FL

Sent using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna be fat and spoilin my grandkids at 65. W/ savings and investments im good at 80k.
    Says alot about you if you ain't feeling us

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Oh, and I will NOT be living in the Northeast

I'm hoping South Carolina, North Carolina, or Boca Raton, FL

Sent using Tapatalk
    I'm gonna throw down a vote for Boca Raton, that's where my dad lives now that he retired. He's out fishing every day it feels like.
    Start from the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.

Mentioned
    1530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by straight_evil View Post
    I'm gonna throw down a vote for Boca Raton, that's where my dad lives now that he retired. He's out fishing every day it feels like.
    I have some cousins down there. I've visited once, and it's beautiful down there. My aunt lives in Fort Lauderdale and that place was nice too. Everyone drove Maserati's and Ferrari's lol.

Sent using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna throw in another vote for boca, chill place.

Quote Originally Posted by B a b s View Post
    well, congrats warren you overstepped your boundaries. Get yourself a lawyer.

I tried to teach nigguhs how to be
    kings

And all they ever wanted to be was
    soldiers.

Instagram: g_o_g_h

Mentioned
    3893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to retire at 50 but we'll see how I feel when it comes

As far as money per month goes....

How much ever is needed to sustain a life of traveling, eating good and helping my family and friends.

Unsure of a number.

Quote Originally Posted by B a b s View Post
    well, congrats warren you overstepped your boundaries. Get yourself a lawyer.

I tried to teach nigguhs how to be
    kings

And all they ever wanted to be was
    soldiers.

Instagram: g_o_g_h

The Prettiest Penis zyclon b gas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll work until I'm 60, at least. I won't come truly into my own power until about 40, and plan to run for president at 44. anyway, I have a roth ira that should be well over 1 million by the time I'm 65, my 401k should be well over 500k, and once the girl and I are situated in our house and have our budget done after my increase, we'll pay off student loans and probably act like @Resilient and get a real estate investment. we own a timeshare already, which is only $330 a year since it's paid off, and will allow us to stay anywhere in the world for free, so we only have to pay for flights and expenses when we're there. should this business continue to expand, I would expect my ESOP payout if I leave at 25 years service to be around 80k or so. with savings, roth, 401k, SS, and I'm sure i'll add an annuity or 3 soon, I should live off of around 50k a year (personally, excluding her income), and will most likely be in the carribbean, costa rica, or overseas, since the cost of living is generally much cheaper and the dollars go much further. fuck living in the US at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twamp View Post
    yeah, I'm literally done with them. my fav thing from them is their chicken nuggets but I'm not eating McDonald's again. quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper View Post
    I wanted to be a hot dog