Question about pancakes

Big Homey Urb

Re: Question about pancakes

Post by Big Homey Urb »

Pretty sure I haven’t had a pancake in at least 5 years with a strong possibility of it being much longer than that. No particular reason either. I prefer French toast, then a waffle, then pancakes in that order

With that said, they need to be crispy on the edges - it just hits the fork different when you cut into it and the crispness makes the syrup sit on the surface and you get the entire ensemble of flavors all at once with the crispy, sweet, and buttery.

My biggest annoyance with pancakes is how the syrup soaks into it and now it’s just syrup flavored bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J o o k

Post by J o o k »

Big Homey Urb wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:29 am Pretty sure I haven’t had a pancake in at least 5 years with a strong possibility of it being much longer than that. No particular reason either. I prefer French toast, then a waffle, then pancakes in that order

With that said, they need to be crispy on the edges - it just hits the fork different when you cut into it and the crispness makes the syrup sit on the surface and you get the entire ensemble of flavors all at once with the crispy, sweet, and buttery.

My biggest annoyance with pancakes is how the syrup soaks into it and now it’s just syrup flavored bread.

The way you described the crispy joints got me wanting em crispy man lmao
Sir Bustalot

Post by Sir Bustalot »

I make amazing pancakes constantly everytime.

Ive probably made pancakes 750x at least.

Im tellin ya, replace 25% of your liquid with 7up or sprite and thank me later

If you find regular normal nerd loser dipshit pancakes are better im sorry my pancake tastebuds are just far more advanced than yours
is it not true that division causes conflict?

REBAL shaped like an EAGLE

nawmchomksy?
Aby

Post by Aby »

Big Homey Urb wrote:Pretty sure I haven’t had a pancake in at least 5 years with a strong possibility of it being much longer than that. No particular reason either. I prefer French toast, then a waffle, then pancakes in that order

I like pancakes but I agree once they soak up too much syrup I can’t stand them

Might have to do it bougie and have the syrup on the side

Ass shaker
cody

Post by cody »

this is wild, out of the french toast, waffle, and pancake debate i feel like pancakes win everytime

also whip cream with pancakes are a must

i'm shocked at people liking french toast more than pancakes

waffles shouldn't even be included in this topic..
:mrgreen:
cody

Post by cody »

God Aby wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:11 pm
Big Homey Urb wrote:Pretty sure I haven’t had a pancake in at least 5 years with a strong possibility of it being much longer than that. No particular reason either. I prefer French toast, then a waffle, then pancakes in that order

I like pancakes but I agree once they soak up too much syrup I can’t stand them

Might have to do it bougie and have the syrup on the side

yeah syrup on the side is standard and you dip it in the syrup
cody

Post by cody »

Big Homey Urb wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:29 am Pretty sure I haven’t had a pancake in at least 5 years with a strong possibility of it being much longer than that. No particular reason either. I prefer French toast, then a waffle, then pancakes in that order

you taking crispy over fluffy? or you want crispy fluffy?
cody

Post by cody »

J o o k wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:19 am

The way you described the crispy joints got me wanting em crispy man lmao
art imitates life in this scenario :eek:
cody

Post by cody »

im still in shock at people putting french toast and waffles over pancakes
cody

Post by cody »

Sir Bustalot wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:44 am I make amazing pancakes constantly everytime.

Ive probably made pancakes 750x at least.

Im tellin ya, replace 25% of your liquid with 7up or sprite and thank me later

If you find regular normal nerd loser dipshit pancakes are better im sorry my pancake tastebuds are just far more advanced than yours
have you ever had pancakes with whip cream?

what does the soda do to the pancakes?

my standard pancakes use buttermilk.. but if i don't have it on hand i mix milk and vinegar and let it sit