Jack Harlow goes #1 again

cody

Re: Jack Harlow goes #1 again

Post by cody »

I like how his sound is simple and raw. It’s easy on the ears and doesn’t heighten my anxiety

He’s more of a lover boy, like a rap Justin Beiber lol. Who could actually rap and has respect for the genre and himself

I enjoy this song thoroughly
:mrgreen:
Big Homey Urb

Jack Harlow goes #1 again

Post by Big Homey Urb »

cody wrote:
Big Homey Urb wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:43 pm
cody wrote:
Do your homework on him. There’s a reason I fuck with him

He’s been rapping since he was 12. Was recording mixtapes and known rapper in his school by 14. There’s videos online.. he started getting local clout and was touring all around Louisville making a name for himself locally.

He’s released like 5-6 albums already, and has a massive fan base in Kentucky. Anyone who has so much love in their hometown is not an industry plant in the way you are thinking.

His story is very hip hop, you can align it with Drake’s story.

Not only is he a good rapper, he understands the laws of power. He never outshines his master, that’s why he’s gotten as far as he has. He adapts to his environments.

He has staying power, superstar quality, is extremely relatable, and makes bangers.

That’s a next GOAT. He’s just getting started.
I’m familiar with the story, it’s just not moving me

Why do you like him so much? His music is ultra pop and there’s no edginess to his music whatsoever.

I just hate overly manufactured sounding music where I can tell a label/producer literally handed him a song and told him not to fuck it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My taste is diverse. I’ll listen to a Backstreet Boys song, then listen to some Eric Prydz, then turn on some Sidhu Moose Wala, and then listen to some AZ and Little Brother, and then some Prince Royce, then some Tory Lanez. All within an hour. Not all the time though, but you get what I’m saying

Good music is good music, if I like something I like it. I also really like pop music. And I really love rap music.

I like his public persona. It’s refreshing, it’s relaxed. He’s just himself amped up for shock value, that’s the star power though. He’s not fake or pretends to be someone he isn’t.

I could relate to him cuz I went to school with kids like him.

And he got this lover boy thing going on, mixed into it.

Also career wise, if he ain’t hard then how can he make that type of music? Just like Drake, he’s establishing himself as a persona that people (or the youth) can relate to.. the youth boost popularity.. popularity means opportunities for money and power. And still making #1s. That sounds like potential GOAT shit

You didn’t like that track with Drake? Churchill downs
I can dig it

My fav tracks from him is “rendezvous”, “ambitious” and “face of my city”

His come home the kids album was trash.

I think his career has reached its peak already. He doesn’t have the star power or relatability of Drake.

I’m not even sure he can surpass Logic, let alone a Drake lol

cody

Post by cody »

Big Homey Urb wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:24 am
cody wrote:
Big Homey Urb wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:43 pm
I’m familiar with the story, it’s just not moving me

Why do you like him so much? His music is ultra pop and there’s no edginess to his music whatsoever.

I just hate overly manufactured sounding music where I can tell a label/producer literally handed him a song and told him not to fuck it up.

My taste is diverse. I’ll listen to a Backstreet Boys song, then listen to some Eric Prydz, then turn on some Sidhu Moose Wala, and then listen to some AZ and Little Brother, and then some Prince Royce, then some Tory Lanez. All within an hour. Not all the time though, but you get what I’m saying

Good music is good music, if I like something I like it. I also really like pop music. And I really love rap music.

I like his public persona. It’s refreshing, it’s relaxed. He’s just himself amped up for shock value, that’s the star power though. He’s not fake or pretends to be someone he isn’t.

Also career wise, if he ain’t hard then how can he make that type of music? Just like Drake, he’s establishing himself as a persona that people (or the youth) can relate to.. the youth boost popularity.. popularity means opportunities for money and power. And still making #1s. That sounds like potential GOAT shit

I can dig it

I think his career has reached its peak already. He doesn’t have the star power or relatability of Drake.

I’ve watched his interviews and his charisma is next level. He has a certain je ne sais quoi about him that other celebs don’t have. He has just as much star power as Drake. He also still young.

However time will tell, I just think he has it in him to be the next best thing. I think the industry is different now and the next legends in music are going to be delivered differently. He playing the long game
J o o k

Post by J o o k »

Can’t stand this whack nicca. Number 1 on what or by what measure?
cody

Post by cody »

J o o k wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:43 am Can’t stand this whack nicca. Number 1 on what or by what measure?
why? on billboard
J o o k

Post by J o o k »

cody wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:12 am
J o o k wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:43 am Can’t stand this whack nicca. Number 1 on what or by what measure?
why? on billboard
That’s really good, I just find him so freaking corny. Did you ever hear the story of him sending drake the verse for the song they did, Drake sending him the verse back and then JH redoing his whole shit and making it twice as long cuz Drake ate that boy up? It’s corny shit like that I don’t fuck with. Be good from the start little nigguh.
TheWarchief

Post by TheWarchief »

Jack Harlow is on the same level as this guy
Resilient
Site Admin

Post by Resilient »

He’s got a good flow. And good beat selection.

That’s it. His lyrics are trash. But he caters to the teeny boppers and that’s who runs the billboards because that’s who is going on the IG and promoting it. It’s all a hoax. Leave the matrix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.
But it ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
How much you can take and keep moving forward.
J o o k

Post by J o o k »

How does big moose feel about this white rapper
Big Homey Urb

Post by Big Homey Urb »

cody wrote:
Big Homey Urb wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:24 am
cody wrote: My taste is diverse. I’ll listen to a Backstreet Boys song, then listen to some Eric Prydz, then turn on some Sidhu Moose Wala, and then listen to some AZ and Little Brother, and then some Prince Royce, then some Tory Lanez. All within an hour. Not all the time though, but you get what I’m saying

I can dig it

I’ve watched his interviews and his charisma is next level. He has a certain je ne sais quoi about him that other celebs don’t have. He has just as much star power as Drake. He also still young.

However time will tell, I just think he has it in him to be the next best thing. I think the industry is different now and the next legends in music are going to be delivered differently. He playing the long game
Here’s the issue I have with this:

None of what you’ve stated shows up in his music.

And his lyrics are awful.

Being a white boy that raps with a moderate amount of swagger just isn’t enough.