Elon Musk tells Bob Iger, Disney and others "Go Fuck Yourself"

Post by Big Moose »

Elon is honestly so GOAT'd

What a legend
Resilient
Site Admin

Re: Elon Musk tells Bob Iger, Disney and others "Go Fuck Yourself"

Post by Resilient »

Yeah I really like the guy. He’s extremely intelligent and at the same time, the stuff he says is just so simple.

His interview with Joe Rogan (other than them eating pizzas) was amazing. He’s literally changing the world.

His views and info on Covid cures was extremely interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.
But it ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
How much you can take and keep moving forward.
Sir Bustalot

Post by Sir Bustalot »

I still dont care about electric vehicles

Im not convinced yet..

Vancouver has a super unrealistic timeline of making the city ban all new gas cars being sold by 2035.

That basically means in 10yrs they have to have enough charging stations to support a city... i dont see it happening, we can barely house our own residents... where are they gonna build them and how will they pay for them all?

At least Alberta had the balls to say fuck you to Trudeaus timeline demands.... wish bc would
is it not true that division causes conflict?

REBAL shaped like an EAGLE

nawmchomksy?
Resilient
Site Admin

Post by Resilient »

There’s plenty of documented and peer reviewed research that shows information surrounding the fact that electric vehicles do more damage to the environment than gas vehicles and the grid cannot handle the load if everyone went to EV’s

It’s quite interesting.

nohbody

Re: Elon Musk tells Bob Iger, Disney and others

Post by nohbody »

Resilient wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:26 pm There’s plenty of documented and peer reviewed research that shows information surrounding the fact that electric vehicles do more damage to the environment than gas vehicles and the grid cannot handle the load if everyone went to EV’s

It’s quite interesting.

I have just started to break into the studies and doing research.

It takes a higher footprint to build EV vehicles then it does gas vehicles, the flip side is, the lifetime carbon footprint is 30% lower on an EV through its entire life cycle.

But you are right that people are not considering electrical grids and the FACT that our infrastructure is so bad in many American cities that it barely supports the consumers household consumptions. Now you are talking about putting every single one of those home owners cars on a power outlet.

I already pay a 300.00 a month electric bill.... i cant imagine what happens when electric companies are forced to upgrade their infrastructure to provide charging stations for 300 million vehicles and we are on the hook to pay for it all. People will be begging to have Bush era gas prices back!

the government needs to fuck off. Let auto manufacturers build EV's at their own pace and let the infrastructure evolve with the production and demand.

All this zero carbon shit it worthless because the biggest offenders of climate pollution will not adhere to these ridiculous demands that democrats want to implement.

NOT ONLY THAT. . . but fossil fuels is the life blood of America and it would be the absolutely crippling to our economy to let the left have their way. and again. . . Why should America's economy suffer when none of this works unless the entire world is following the same footprints? Just to say "we did our part?"

no thnx ..... EV is not yet ready to replace gas powered engines

btw: Eleon Musk said that if the government provided him 100 square miles of land that he would personally pay to stand up a solar field large enough to power the entire country off. Sucks that the technology is there, someone is willing to give it for free, but will never happen because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
“You could actually power the entire United States with 100 miles by 100 miles of solar,” Musk said during a recent episode of “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast.

Host Joe Rogan was intrigued by the idea, asking, “Really? So you could just pick some dead spot, cover that sucker up with solar panels and charge the whole country?”

“Absolutely,” Musk responded. “We need batteries, but yes.”

Musk explained that “it’s not hard” and “very feasible” to power the entire country with solar because the sun is converting more than four million tons of mass to energy every second and requires no maintenance.

“That thing just works. We have a giant fusion reactor in the sky,” he said.
Resilient
Site Admin

Post by Resilient »

An EV isn’t zero carbon though. To create the batteries, it’s something like the carbon footprint equivalent to 50 vehicles or something. lol

nohbody

Post by nohbody »

Resilient wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:35 pm An EV isn’t zero carbon though. To create the batteries, it’s something like the carbon footprint equivalent to 50 vehicles or something. lol

if you haven't, read up on solid-oxide fuel cells. Its basically using salt inside a metal air battery to store energy. This new battery design will significantly extend the range of electric vehicles while being fully recyclable environmentally-friendly low-cost and safe because it don't overheat and combust like lithium ion batteries do.

These types of batteries will be a fraction of the cost of lithium ion batteries, and when they hit the market i think it will be cost efficient enough for homes to finally connect their home solar panels and completely remove themselves off the grid
Resilient
Site Admin

Post by Resilient »

I’m all for it. I have solar and love it and if I can store power using reliable batteries I’ll do it. The current batteries available are trash.

nohbody

Post by nohbody »

Resilient wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:33 pm I’m all for it. I have solar and love it and if I can store power using reliable batteries I’ll do it. The current batteries available are trash.

i tried to get solar but since i just purchased a house and new car, its fucking with my credit and im not getting as good of an interest rate as i want on my loan.

Going to wait until the end of this upcoming year and try again for solar. Hopefully, FPL is still giving a 1kw:1kw ratio
Resilient
Site Admin

Post by Resilient »

I haven’t paid the electric company in nearly 2 years lmao. Love it.