Close

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    VIP Tenore Di Forza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    17,939
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    You ever sell yourself short at something but realize you just weren't trying enough?

    First off, I know I'm a shit singer right now . I'm not laboring under any delusions.

    But I'm taking it seriously now and I started working with somebody.

    All this time I thought I was just a deep monotone dude without range

    He listened to me go through my passagio and said I was actually a high Tenor who just couldn't sing (blunt as fuck)

    Basically, I'm gonna have to relearn how to breathe and speak. I developed a lot of shitty habits over the years (including an artifically depressed larynx that makes my voice sound less bright/metallic than it naturally is)

    So yeah

    I'm excited and looking forward to the journey

  2. #2
    VIP Tenore Di Forza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    17,939
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hearing what my true voice sounded like when I wasn't being deep/manly/affected was weird.

    It was like looking in the mirror and seeing somebody else

  3. #3
    Administrators doctor_wp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Posts
    30,300
    Mentioned
    4375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenore Di Forza View Post
    First off, I know I'm a shit singer right now . I'm not laboring under any delusions.

    But I'm taking it seriously now and I started working with somebody.

    All this time I thought I was just a deep monotone dude without range

    He listened to me go through my passagio and said I was actually a high Tenor who just couldn't sing (blunt as fuck)

    Basically, I'm gonna have to relearn how to breathe and speak. I developed a lot of shitty habits over the years (including an artifically depressed larynx that makes my voice sound less bright/metallic than it naturally is)

    So yeah

    I'm excited and looking forward to the journey

    thats dope as fuck man, I have gone through the same journey with my speaking voice had to work with a pro. It’s crazy that the voice we have isn’t even our voice it’s just some bullshit we’ve lazily been blurting out for the past few decades lol.


    I tried to teach nigguhs how to be
    kings


    And all they ever wanted to be was
    soldiers.



    Instagram: doctor_wp

  4. #4
    VIP Tenore Di Forza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    17,939
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    thats dope as fuck man, I have gone through the same journey with my speaking voice had to work with a pro. It’s crazy that the voice we have isn’t even our voice it’s just some bullshit we’ve lazily been blurting out for the past few decades lol.
    That New Years Eve vid you once posted sticks out to me for some reason. I thought you already had a nice, polished, professional speaking voice bro.

    tbh

    You know my gay voice clip from the other day?

    That's probably closer to my true speaking voice
    Last edited by Tenore Di Forza; 05-12-2022 at 05:21 AM.

  5. #5
    Administrators Resilient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    76,950
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít have a deep voice but Iíd be interested to see if itís my ďreal oneĒ

    Iím just not paying anyone to do it until I need to do it for growth purposes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Youíll never see the pain I hide behind a flipped frown

  6. #6
    GoGH Elite g.t.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    13,173
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched an intro to music theory video on youtube to see if learning music theory would sort of elevate my creativity processes...and it was soo0o0o0o0 life suckingly fucking boring, I couldn't actually do it unfortunately. Same thing with instruments, I'd be jazzed up if I could play one & I'd probably come up with some unique sounds but I cannot sit there for the first/baby steps of learning. I'm too deep with just the writing/rapping/vocal mixing alone, and learning the ins and outs of mixing is a never ending thing to learn.

  7. #7
    VIP Tenore Di Forza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    17,939
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g.t. View Post
    I watched an intro to music theory video on youtube to see if learning music theory would sort of elevate my creativity processes...and it was soo0o0o0o0 life suckingly fucking boring, I couldn't actually do it unfortunately. Same thing with instruments, I'd be jazzed up if I could play one & I'd probably come up with some unique sounds but I cannot sit there for the first/baby steps of learning. I'm too deep with just the writing/rapping/vocal mixing alone, and learning the ins and outs of mixing is a never ending thing to learn.
    I've always felt like just having a working understanding of music theory goes a long way.

    Style is knowing how to artfully bend the rules without degenerating into atonal noise.

  8. #8
    VIP Tenore Di Forza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    17,939
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    I don’t have a deep voice but I’d be interested to see if it’s my “real one”

    I’m just not paying anyone to do it until I need to do it for growth purposes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


    I think if you can project this note loudly across a room, you have a legit deep voice

    If it's just mumbly and kinda weak, nah

  9. #9
    VIP Tenore Di Forza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    17,939
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My voice doesn't even begin to carry until around C3-D3

    A full 3-4 notes higher

  10. #10
    Senior Member cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,211
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel like everytime i speak a different voice comes out, and it sounds nothing like the last. the only thing they have in common is that my voice is clear and it projects well.
    they got amnesia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •