Close

User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 125
  1. #81
    Administrators Resilient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    77,381
    Mentioned
    2240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t even say 5. I want to hear the music he dropped back in the day when he was recording with Lil’ Wayne.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You’ll never see the pain I hide behind a flipped frown

  2. #82
    Put some Zest on my Name God Aby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,646
    Mentioned
    1296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    I wouldn’t even say 5. I want to hear the music he dropped back in the day when he was recording with Lil’ Wayne.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    He still does those songs too on his albums.. just not this one lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Know what happened when them niggas masked up
    Dude from Ohio couldn’t get back up

  3. #83
    Senior Member cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,584
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dude View Post
    I wouldn’t go as far to say this is his true nature - his “normal” music reminds us he’s a swirl baby from Canada - it’s just good music

    This stuff in this album, is Hollywood stuff with a very short expiration date. None of this will be played 10 years from now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    This is completely untrue, if there’s 1 genre of music that rules over hip hop it’s dance / house music. On a whole world, mass appeal level this album will have staying power simply because the whole world listens to dance music. More than rap music.

    Those strip club bangers/songs you want to blast out of your car, is not mass appeal music.

    This guy is literally a mixed light skin dude from Canada, who grew up in one of the best neighborhoods in Toronto.
    they got amnesia

  4. #84
    Senior Member cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,584
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bad Dude I value your musical opinion, but this one you’re wrong about
    they got amnesia

  5. #85
    Put some Zest on my Name God Aby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,646
    Mentioned
    1296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drake making sure he cover every basis in his legacy

    When he retire everyone is gonna love something of his


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Know what happened when them niggas masked up
    Dude from Ohio couldn’t get back up

  6. #86
    VIP Bad Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,337
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cody View Post
    This is completely untrue, if there’s 1 genre of music that rules over hip hop it’s dance / house music. On a whole world, mass appeal level this album will have staying power simply because the whole world listens to dance music. More than rap music.

    Those strip club bangers/songs you want to blast out of your car, is not mass appeal music.

    This guy is literally a mixed light skin dude from Canada, who grew up in one of the best neighborhoods in Toronto.
    This is kinda like the soccer argument. Sure, soccer is the most popular sport in the world, but from the view of an American, in the most relevant nation in the world, it’s not seen as significant and it’s a common belief that you have not reached your full potential in entertainment if you haven’t made your mark in the United States.

    Drake earned the privilege to make this dance album. He never would have succeeded to the heights he has had he jumped into his career making this type of music.

    Dance music as a whole does not age well. Disco, dubstep, trap, nu-metal, etc - are all wack af now and this was all within the last 10-15 years. That’s kind of my point. This corny crooning over 909 kicks will be dead by 2032 and it would have long been replaced by something else that’ll have just as short an expiration date.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #87
    Senior Member cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,584
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dude View Post
    This is kinda like the soccer argument. Sure, soccer is the most popular sport in the world, but from the view of an American, in the most relevant nation in the world, it’s not seen as significant and it’s a common belief that you have not reached your full potential in entertainment if you haven’t made your mark in the United States.

    Drake earned the privilege to make this dance album. He never would have succeeded to the heights he has had he jumped into his career making this type of music.

    Dance music as a whole does not age well. Disco, dubstep, trap, nu-metal, etc - are all wack af now and this was all within the last 10-15 years. That’s kind of my point. This corny crooning over 909 kicks will be dead by 2032 and it would have long been replaced by something else that’ll have just as short an expiration date.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe when you watch the news America is the most important country, but I shit you not.. I’ve done a lot of travelling outside of America (you know this), people on a day to day basis do not give two shits about America .. the ways of the wild west does not exist to them.

    Europe/Asia/Africa/Australia/South America etc is so far removed from from American culture it’s not even funny.. you’d just have to see it for yourself

    What you’re saying makes complete sense about dubstep/trap etc .. but those were just jump offs of the actual genre of house music. I grew up listening to a lot of house because of my brother and I’ve listened enough to know there is a classic house sound that never goes out of style.. I can name a lot of songs / DJs who are classic house DJs.. and the music feels timeless. It’s kind of what Drake did here.

    A lot of people are comparing this to 808s, and to be honest it was one of my first thoughts.

    It’s not insane, but I truly believe that this is a classic. But we shall see.
    they got amnesia

  8. #88
    Senior Member cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,584
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Aby View Post
    Drake making sure he cover every basis in his legacy

    When he retire everyone is gonna love something of his


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Factsss


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they got amnesia

  9. #89
    Senior Member Big Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dude View Post
    Moose is literally the dude that paints the red fruit loops red at the cereal factory. Then drives his 94 Chevy trailblazer home to a double wide home with a gravel driveway

    And somehow he’s supposed to be some sort of expert when it comes to what hip hop is supposed to be.

    The drake album is trash but I see what he was trying to do - make music for folks that lack depth and get immediately depressed if they don’t reach a certain amount of likes on their Instagram. They need love too.

    I’ll wait for his REAL album to drop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    you talkin all this shit to me

    just to agree that the album is wack

    lol

    nowhere did I say what hip hop is supposed to be

    pretty sure I have the right to say if I like an album or not

    even if i am a big bad scary white man
    Last edited by Big Moose; 06-20-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    Karma's headed for Armageddon, the drama setter
    I'm going in, already got an arm and head in
    whoever said words are just words ain't heard me word 'em, I give a
    fuck if my image even ends up taking a personal hit
    Whoever I hurt or whatever bridges I burned in this bitch
    and whatever bitches feel like they didn't deserve what they get
    And whatever consequences come with every verse, it's worth it
    So Doc turn the beat on, whose turn is it to get murdered on it?

  10. #90
    Senior Member Big Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the real question is

    how yall let a country ass "fruit loop painting" nobody like myself

    rap way better than any of yall rap, sing or make beats

    thats sad

    its almost like I care more about YOUR culture than you do
    Last edited by Big Moose; 06-20-2022 at 04:25 PM.
    Karma's headed for Armageddon, the drama setter
    I'm going in, already got an arm and head in
    whoever said words are just words ain't heard me word 'em, I give a
    fuck if my image even ends up taking a personal hit
    Whoever I hurt or whatever bridges I burned in this bitch
    and whatever bitches feel like they didn't deserve what they get
    And whatever consequences come with every verse, it's worth it
    So Doc turn the beat on, whose turn is it to get murdered on it?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •