And all they ever wanted to be was
    soldiers.

Instagram: doctor_wp

Mentioned
    830 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i enjoyed the cadence

one thing i notice is dope successful industry rappers rap about shit currently in the poular culture news that most people heard of, name dropping/song title dropping, use of current memes and pop culture, sport events, TMZ stories, headlines etc etc

and unsuccessful rappers nobody listens too, never do that stuff and all their references are so local or vague nobody cares

im talking industry success, like radio play, all the big huge concerts, music vids etc etc
    Everything the mind knows is the past. If you recognize something its because youve had it before otherwise you wouldnt recognize it. This recognition/memory of knowing it before prevents you from seeing it new. Similarly, an experience is only recognized as an experience because youve had one before, otherwise you wouldnt know it was one. So experiences arent new. They are dead continuations of the past. You wont find change in the past. Dont seek a change through experiences.
    nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bustalot View Post
    i enjoyed the cadence

one thing i notice is dope successful industry rappers rap about shit currently in the poular culture news that most people heard of, name dropping/song title dropping, use of current memes and pop culture, sport events, TMZ stories, headlines etc etc

and unsuccessful rappers nobody listens too, never do that stuff and all their references are so local or vague nobody cares

im talking industry success, like radio play, all the big huge concerts, music vids etc etc
    Thats pretty accurate. In order to gain any steam, you have to focus on connectivity. Either people can relate/identify with your message or they want to immolate you. That’s where my man @Big Moose falls short. He embodies what you mentioned in the unsuccessful category and focuses too much on the technical components, which is sad because he’s a natural and doesn’t need to do that.

I tried to teach nigguhs how to be
    kings

And all they ever wanted to be was
    soldiers.

Instagram: doctor_wp

Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than throat baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Youíll never see the pain I hide behind a flipped frown

Mentioned
    830 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Better than throat baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    that guy thought he had THE BEST name for a track ever too, like people were gonna start chanting "throat babies, throat babies, throat babies" in the streets across america
    Everything the mind knows is the past. If you recognize something its because youve had it before otherwise you wouldnt recognize it. This recognition/memory of knowing it before prevents you from seeing it new. Similarly, an experience is only recognized as an experience because youve had one before, otherwise you wouldnt know it was one. So experiences arent new. They are dead continuations of the past. You wont find change in the past. Dont seek a change through experiences.
    nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea he nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heís a natural, feels like heís just talking
    they got amnesia

Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why us Bay niggas so talented smh

Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarchief View Post
    why us Bay niggas so talented smh
    what was your elden ring build?

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend showed me this kid a while back. He seems pretty dope.

I get what yall sayin about rappers who pop always talking about surface level shit that everybody can understand

But that goes against every instinct I have.

Coming up, we looked down on rappers making obvious punchlines about the topic of the day.

Not saying I won't try new things. Just that for a long time, focusing on the fundamentals and technical aspects, and making your punches as intricate as possible, and references somewhat obscure and original, was the name of the game.

But I suppose that's what happens when rappers try to impress other rappers.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    I like getting my salad tossed and tossing the salads. Itís normal in 2022 tbh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast