Close

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a low key scathing review of my EP that is burning up the charts?

if not, it probably applies

but i think that what you're talking about just comes with the territory of rap to a degree. at least certain avenues of rap

It is hard to be concise with your thoughts if you are double or triple timing. Not to say you should just use filler, but you literally need more words to fill out the same stretch of music. What Em and Weezy have done lately is incorporate Wayne's typical bombardment of punchlines in even more rapid succession to match the pace of joyner lucas/tech 9 type flows they've been on. So they aren't saying NOTHING, they are just playing with words. Like much of rap. And much of Shakespeare.

Brevity is the soul of wit is a Shakespeare quote after all. And I'd imagine many people would describe his works as anything but brief. But then that isn't really what he meant by the quote. It doesn't mean you should say less, it means you should make the most of what you do say. Say it directly, clearly, and either get to the point, or get to the funny bit, or both.

In rap the correlation would be the time between your set up and punchline. The further you move the punchline from the setup the more you have to increase the payoff for it not to fizzle out. That doesn't mean songs have to be 1 or 2 verses and 3 minutes maximum. It means don't be boring.

I stand on my points. With that said, this post i've just written is a terrible example of brevity. But I blame weed for that.
    Last edited by Big Moose; 06-29-2022 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    I like getting my salad tossed and tossing the salads. Itís normal in 2022 tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Trump is a vile human being

Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roses are red violets are blue everything you write is doo doo
    Where were you when I recorded in the bathroom?
    Moose (who I usually feel is an impulsive moron with shallow intellect) .

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emobito View Post
    Roses are red violets are blue everything you write is doo doo
    There, you SEE?

Brevity.

But at what cost!?
    I like getting my salad tossed and tossing the salads. Itís normal in 2022 tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Trump is a vile human being

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12