Close

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Senior Member cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,829
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    Scented lotion would be a good threadÖ Iím liking woodsy smells for some reason.

    Me right all day right now

    Idc if itís summer lol

    I wear it at night


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they got amnesia

  2. #42
    Super Moderator Emobito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14,333
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many variables everything is subjective all food is good and bad we all judges we are all gods in our worlds
    Where were you when I recorded in the bathroom?
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    Moose (who I usually feel is an impulsive moron with shallow intellect) .

  3. #43
    Administrators Resilient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    77,794
    Mentioned
    2251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    Scented lotion would be a good threadÖ Iím liking woodsy smells for some reason.
    Yeah man Iím stuck on earthy tones


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Youíll never see the pain I hide behind a flipped frown

  4. #44
    Administrators doctor_wp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Posts
    31,123
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cody View Post

    Me right all day right now

    Idc if it’s summer lol

    I wear it at night


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mmmm I like this for you


    I tried to teach nigguhs how to be
    kings


    And all they ever wanted to be was
    soldiers.



    Instagram: doctor_wp

  5. #45
    Administrators doctor_wp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Posts
    31,123
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Yeah man I’m stuck on earthy tones


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    going back to our primal roots


    I tried to teach nigguhs how to be
    kings


    And all they ever wanted to be was
    soldiers.



    Instagram: doctor_wp

  6. #46
    Senior Member cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,829
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dude View Post
    I didn’t mention geographic locations, but I referenced culture differences. I’m pretty sure Ramsey isn’t a florida cracker, which is literally a florida sub culture in itself that most ppl are clueless exists.

    Traveling is essentially going to someone else’s backyard to watch them live their everyday life, so I can’t subscribe to the idea that if someone experiences more cultures than someone else, it means they are a better judge. If anything, it just means they have more utility when it comes to food, but utility doesn’t equal better judgement. If someone spends their whole life fixing ONLY Gumbeaux and perfects it, Ramsey can’t come in with thousands of hours of irrelevant experience and automatically be a better judge OF GUMBEAUX.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    i disagree. Gumbo is just a soup. many cultures and countries all over the world make soups and stews. ingredients are different but the process and technique of layering/building flavours is the same. any well seasoned/trained cook who understands the fundamentals of flavour building and technique can perfect gumbo in 1 or 2 gos, and by watching 1-2 videos (if needed), or just by watching someone else cook it. if someone spends a lifetime perfecting a gumbo recipe, it has more to do with local pride, and essentially - not knowing anything else. because it's actually super easy to perfect. (if you understand what creates depth of flavour/technique). and i assume if you've been cooking for a "lifetime" you should understand that in the first 1-2 years of your cooking career.

    and i'm not quite sure what you mean by "utility"
    they got amnesia

  7. #47
    Senior Member cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,829
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    @cody we gay af for trying to establish a measurement for good food
    there is a measurement for good food..
    they got amnesia

  8. #48
    AWSM +F Sir Bustalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    30,660
    Mentioned
    830 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally for example people will side with a professional chef's opinion over their neighborhood crazy cat lady's opinion on food.
    Everything the mind knows is the past. If you recognize something its because youve had it before otherwise you wouldnt recognize it. This recognition/memory of knowing it before prevents you from seeing it new. Similarly, an experience is only recognized as an experience because youve had one before, otherwise you wouldnt know it was one. So experiences arent new. They are dead continuations of the past. You wont find change in the past. Dont seek a change through experiences.
    nawmchomsky?

  9. #49
    VIP Bad Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,405
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cody View Post
    i disagree. Gumbo is just a soup. many cultures and countries all over the world make soups and stews. ingredients are different but the process and technique of layering/building flavours is the same. any well seasoned/trained cook who understands the fundamentals of flavour building and technique can perfect gumbo in 1 or 2 gos, and by watching 1-2 videos (if needed), or just by watching someone else cook it. if someone spends a lifetime perfecting a gumbo recipe, it has more to do with local pride, and essentially - not knowing anything else. because it's actually super easy to perfect. (if you understand what creates depth of flavour/technique). and i assume if you've been cooking for a "lifetime" you should understand that in the first 1-2 years of your cooking career.

    and i'm not quite sure what you mean by "utility"
    Utility just means your skill set is more diverse.

    I just donít like to marginalize home cooks just because they arenít running a kitchen needing 500 steaks served in 1 hour.

    Home cooked meals will always be better than a restaurant IMO.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #50
    Senior Member cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6,829
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dude View Post
    Utility just means your skill set is more diverse.

    I just don’t like to marginalize home cooks just because they aren’t running a kitchen needing 500 steaks served in 1 hour.

    Home cooked meals will always be better than a restaurant IMO.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    the thing is, you need to go out to eat to become a better cook. you need to compare your cooking with others and see how they balance and create flavours.

    when we think of our favourite old time cooks, like grandmas cooking, most of the time it's not because it technically tastes better.. it's the nostalgia that comes with it. we all know grandma over cooking the spaghetti noodles, and not putting enough salt in her food
    they got amnesia

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •