Close

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g.t. View Post
    Everyone has foods they don't like, I'd presume.

Bear Grills squeezed water out of Elephant shit

For sure, even me. it’s usually because of 1 or 2 bad experiences and then the writing off of said things.

Your taste buds change every couple years.
    they got amnesia

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - - -if two cooks of equal accolades and schooling have opposite views on a dish, which one's factually correct
    The one who doesn’t drink and smoke like a pirate, if not, the dish should be fed to someone else with a refined palate for final judgement.
    they got amnesia

Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think @cody understands the subjectivity involved and knows that chefs she is better than have been more
    successful because of doing shit that has nothing to do with kitchen. The best chef in the world might be someone we never heard of tbh.

I tried to teach nigguhs how to be
    kings

And all they ever wanted to be was
    soldiers.

Instagram: doctor_wp

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cody View Post
    The one who doesn’t drink and smoke like a pirate, if not, the dish should be fed to someone else with a refined palate for final judgement.
    I'm just trying to understand if you think there's an objective right answer if food is good or not - or if you think it's a popularity contest to appeal to more people....or a popularity contest to appeal to more food experts...

or if you think there's an objective right answer, where's the standard come from

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    I think @cody understands the subjectivity involved and knows that chefs she is better than have been more
    successful because of doing shit that has nothing to do with kitchen. The best chef in the world might be someone we never heard of tbh.
    Yeah, like sucking dick.

Also there really is no such thing as the best chef in the world man. I’ve been the the best, most highly restaurants in the world. I’ve been to local village / street food spots in rural Malaysia for the “best of the best” of this and that too.

The only way you’re getting on top, is sucking the biggest dicks you can find, and repeatedly swallowing until you give birth out of your ass.

Point blank.
    they got amnesia

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i always see the food network folks travel to random hole in the walls and get blown away

guy fieri raved about this place in maine's lobster mac and cheese and to me it was like the 3rd or 4th best i've ever had

now im hungry

i had lobster au gratin before and i thought it was better than the mac and cheese

Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, like sucking dick.

Also there really is no such thing as the best chef in the world man. I’ve been the the best, most highly restaurants in the world. I’ve been to local village / street food spots in rural Malaysia for the “best of the best” of this and that too.

The only way you’re getting on top, is sucking the biggest dicks you can find, and repeatedly swallowing until you give birth out of your ass.

Point blank.
    Lmao quite vivid

kings

soldiers.

Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i always see the food network folks travel to random hole in the walls and get blown away

guy fieri raved about this place in maine's lobster mac and cheese and to me it was like the 3rd or 4th best i've ever had

now im hungry

i had lobster au gratin before and i thought it was better than the mac and cheese
    Word, it’s wild man, if taste itself is subjective, how can you establish inferential data for what’s best? Only thing I can think of is sales, thus McDonald’s is the best eatery in the world

kings

soldiers.

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word, it’s wild man, if taste itself is subjective, how can you establish inferential data for what’s best? Only thing I can think of is sales, thus McDonald’s is the best eatery in the world
    Imagine if McDonald's had 5 michelin stars, I think some french guys' heads would explode

I did think of one small way that you could maybe turn food critiques into objective measurements...maybe it's wrong, who knows...

But if someone invents a dish, then wouldn't the components of the invention become the objective standard to measure the goodness or badness of a recreation of that invention. Maybe that's a way that food critiquing can be objective, I don't know...like how lava cake has to pour out when it's cut into, and if it doesn't pour out, Gordon Ramsay has a hissy fit

Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But with this logic, an Indian person born in Canada is only allowed to judge Indian and ďCanadianĒ food. Doesnít make sense.

Taste makers are a thing. Super tasters are a thing. Itís actual science that other people have a better palate than others.

Someone like Gordon Ramsay, who owns like 50 restaurants, graduated culinary school, cooking/tasting/eating since 10yrs old, travelled the world for food, has multiple Michelin stars under his belt, tastes what every part of the world has to offer.. vs a southern person who cooking gumbo in his backyard, hasnít experienced the world and see how others season, taste how others season, to incorporate and compare to something better to make their own food better - doesnít have the upper hand in judgement over Gordon.
    I didnít mention geographic locations, but I referenced culture differences. Iím pretty sure Ramsey isnít a florida cracker, which is literally a florida sub culture in itself that most ppl are clueless exists.

Traveling is essentially going to someone elseís backyard to watch them live their everyday life, so I canít subscribe to the idea that if someone experiences more cultures than someone else, it means they are a better judge. If anything, it just means they have more utility when it comes to food, but utility doesnít equal better judgement. If someone spends their whole life fixing ONLY Gumbeaux and perfects it, Ramsey canít come in with thousands of hours of irrelevant experience and automatically be a better judge OF GUMBEAUX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast