Close

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Senior Member Big Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,925
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Why do people LOVE Playboi Carti so much?

    I realize Im setting up Urb for one of his classic zingers

    but what the fuck

    I've enjoyed a couple of his singles here and there. Fine for what they are. Shallow, fun, party music.

    But any time i get on twitter all I see is people screaming that Carti>>>>J Cole

    On what planet?

    I can understand young dumb kids enjoying young dumb music.

    But what about Playboi Carti inspires extreme loyalty and fandom?

    There's no substance. No message. He isn't some muscled up sexy boy. He looks like a skinny ass weirdo.

    I just don't get what separates him from dozens of other rappers of his ilk that teens could just as easily pledge their lives too.

    What is so special about him? And why does it seem like ever since Lil B caught a wave, being intentionally wack is the surest way to blow

    Let me squeal like a dolphin and repeat the same two phrases for an entire song.

    And a year or two later im a musical genius pushing boundaries?


    educate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    I like getting my salad tossed and tossing the salads. Itís normal in 2022 tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Trump is a vile human being

  2. #2
    AWSM +F Sir Bustalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    31,458
    Mentioned
    832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moose View Post
    I realize Im setting up Urb for one of his classic zingers

    but what the fuck

    I've enjoyed a couple of his singles here and there. Fine for what they are. Shallow, fun, party music.

    But any time i get on twitter all I see is people screaming that Carti>>>>J Cole

    On what planet?

    I can understand young dumb kids enjoying young dumb music.

    But what about Playboi Carti inspires extreme loyalty and fandom?

    There's no substance. No message. He isn't some muscled up sexy boy. He looks like a skinny ass weirdo.

    I just don't get what separates him from dozens of other rappers of his ilk that teens could just as easily pledge their lives too.

    What is so special about him? And why does it seem like ever since Lil B caught a wave, being intentionally wack is the surest way to blow

    Let me squeal like a dolphin and repeat the same two phrases for an entire song.

    And a year or two later im a musical genius pushing boundaries?


    educate me.



    wait, its a dude? all this time i thought it was a chick who rapped and had big tits and ass and wore lots of lip gloss lol

    also i dont know anyone who likes playboy carti
    Outwardly there is cronological time. The mind has applied this internally, it says, logically there is time its obvious. So then the mind thinks within time. I am a little depressed now, but i will get to a state of non depression later. The now and later is the time. Takes time to get from here to there. This is also creating a duality. Two things. I am this(the now), i will be that(the later). Simple things like this make you believe in theres a me controlling the thinking.
    nawmchomsky?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Big Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,925
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a couple big fans in my real life

    guys in their early 20's I work with. But on the internet you'd swear he was Nas immediately after dropping Illmatic.

    Polo G is another I just don't understand. Even less than Carti. At least carti was somewhat unique

    Polo G is just super bland and not good at rapping. But he has legions of fans that actually think his shit is fire. like on a lyrical/technical level as well

    and he honestly sounds like some kid who started rapping a month ago

    its horrendous
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    I like getting my salad tossed and tossing the salads. Itís normal in 2022 tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Trump is a vile human being

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Emobito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14,628
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just don't belong in the culture so that's why you don't understand
    Where were you when I recorded in the bathroom?
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    Moose (who I usually feel is an impulsive moron with shallow intellect) .

  5. #5
    Senior Member Big Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,925
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bustalot View Post
    wait, its a dude? all this time i thought it was a chick who rapped and had big tits and ass and wore lots of lip gloss lol

    also i dont know anyone who likes playboy carti
    lol I just realized you were conflating Playboi Carti with Cardi B

    Cardi is a former ratchet stripper who got her teeth fixed, had dudes write her bars, bit Kodak Black's flow, and became famous for being charmingly stupid.

    Playboi Carti is a soundcloud/mumble rapper who changed the game by replacing lyrics with high pitched squeaks and weird baby voices.


    or wait

    were you only playing at conflating them?

    did you just dad joke me?

    i can't tell
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    I like getting my salad tossed and tossing the salads. Itís normal in 2022 tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Trump is a vile human being

  6. #6
    Senior Member Big Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,925
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emobito View Post
    You just don't belong in the culture so that's why you don't understand
    Well now Urb has nothing to do in this thread.

    Way to steal his thunder you butthead.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    I like getting my salad tossed and tossing the salads. Itís normal in 2022 tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Trump is a vile human being

  7. #7
    VIP Bad Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,455
    Mentioned
    527 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít listen to drug addicts.

    So Iíve got nothing on this subject.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    AWSM +F Sir Bustalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    31,458
    Mentioned
    832 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moose View Post
    lol I just realized you were conflating Playboi Carti with Cardi B

    Cardi is a former ratchet stripper who got her teeth fixed, had dudes write her bars, bit Kodak Black's flow, and became famous for being charmingly stupid.

    Playboi Carti is a soundcloud/mumble rapper who changed the game by replacing lyrics with high pitched squeaks and weird baby voices.


    or wait

    were you only playing at conflating them?

    did you just dad joke me?

    i can't tell
    i knew of cardi b, i watched her on a rap show with chance the rapper and that TI dude who checks his daughters vagina, but i thought playboy Carti was another ass twerking female rapper who wears a 3/8" thick layer of lip gloss who was capitalizing on a similar name
    Outwardly there is cronological time. The mind has applied this internally, it says, logically there is time its obvious. So then the mind thinks within time. I am a little depressed now, but i will get to a state of non depression later. The now and later is the time. Takes time to get from here to there. This is also creating a duality. Two things. I am this(the now), i will be that(the later). Simple things like this make you believe in theres a me controlling the thinking.
    nawmchomsky?

  9. #9
    VIP Twamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    26,574
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who?

    Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
    Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

  10. #10
    Put some Zest on my Name God Aby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,171
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only people I know who like playboy carti are metrosexual niggas from Atlanta and white boys who are into hypebeast clothing and shit


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Know what happened when them niggas masked up
    Dude from Ohio couldnít get back up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •