Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moose View Post
    You must meen Rap Devil instead of killshot

you gotta be careful when looking at writing credits tho

I've had that argument with Res who claims every rapper, including Em, has used ghost writers

Some random dude just got a Diamond plaque for Curtain Call 1 cuz he had writing credits on the song Like Toy Soldiers

people freaked out thinking the Rap God had committed the ultimate sin

But in truth, the dude had only written part of the original song that Like Toy Soldiers sampled

There are a lot of ways to get a writing credit
    Well, in the case of rap devil just particularly - the producer made the beat and was also listed as a lyricist...so he's not some guy from the 60s that wrote some hummed jingle in the background or anything, he actually contributed to the bars. It's goofy 2 me but it's a business at the end of the day.

Mentioned
    2310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must meen Rap Devil instead of killshot

you gotta be careful when looking at writing credits tho

I've had that argument with Res who claims every rapper, including Em, has used ghost writers

Some random dude just got a Diamond plaque for Curtain Call 1 cuz he had writing credits on the song Like Toy Soldiers

people freaked out thinking the Rap God had committed the ultimate sin

But in truth, the dude had only written part of the original song that Like Toy Soldiers sampled

There are a lot of ways to get a writing credit
    I never said Em used a ghost writer. Wtf? I said other people are credited in collaboration with writing his lyrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Youíll never see the pain I hide behind a flipped frown

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same difference

they aren't credited for writing lyrics tho bruh

they are credited for writing SONGS

There are more written parts of a song than just lyrics
    Last edited by Big Moose; 08-12-2022 at 04:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    I like getting my salad tossed and tossing the salads. Itís normal in 2022 tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Trump is a vile human being

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is an interview with Mike Elizondo

a name im sure you've seen in the writing credits for Em

and even in the interview they say he "Co-wrote" song after song with Eminem

but he didn't write words:

"Soon after he signed his publishing deal, Elizondo began working extensively with Dr. Dre, not only as a bassist, but playing keyboards and guitars. In addition, he became a co-writer on several of Dr. Dre’s projects. ‘The first song [I co-wrote] that came out was ‘The Real Slim Shady’,’ recalled Elizondo. ‘I initially played a bass line on the song, and Dre, Tommy Coster Jr. and I built the track from there. Em (Eminem) then heard the track, and he wrote the rap to it.’"

He came up with the bass line and helped Dre produce the beat and so he gets a writing credit for "co-writing" the song, despite not writing a single lyric.

https://www.songwriteruniverse.com/elizondo.htm

Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention earlier

50 has always claimed he wrote or helped write most of Game's first and best album, and Game has always denied it

But a reference track 50 made for Game mysteriously leaked the same day Game's diss dropped.

So...

I can't help but have my doubts that Game even wrote this diss himself

Sad state of affairs these days
    this isnt really a reference track. Its nothing like Game's verses(minus the lollipop line). this just proves it was 50s track first.

im disappointed in the diss. he was hyping this up for months. if he would have just dropped everything from the Stans brother skit on, it would have been better. but saying hes sicker than covid, spanish flu and corona...no one caught that at the studio with him?

did he imply he was richer than Em when he was in the white rolls royce while eminem was trying to be the white royce da 5'9?

theres contradictions all over it.
    Your "worst nightmare's" worst nightmare

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i may not have posted the best video's to show that 50 wrote or helped write that song for game. I just searched for them quick and posted them without listening. The first one I came across had a dude talking about it and played clips back to back and it was very similar.

anyway

you're dead on with the contradictions angle

Game names Em's mom, his daughter, one of his best friends, knows deangelo bailey, knows how Em's dad left. referenced not only Stan from MMLP but Bad Guy from MMLP2. Mimicked his rhyme schemes, flow and delivery.

but then claims he only ever bumped one Em album and that Em hasn't penetrated the culture after 23 years

If he hasn't penetrated the culture, how does the ultimate gangster Game know SO much about him? He obviously looked up to him and studied his work for a long time.

But then, we already knew that

The long and short of this whole clout chase is that Game lost some court battle a while back and had to pay millions

He needs money so he's doing what lots of rappers do when they become less relevant... takin a shot at one of the big dogs to stir up controversy and get views

its kinda smart tbh

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yooo

i just saw someone pull up a tweet from Game that came out a bit b4 the superbowl

he listed his top 10 rappers all time and had Eminem 4th

but in this song he says he aint top 5 in his, pac's or big's eyes

he got more cognitive dissonance in his brain than my boy Resi

Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what cracked me up is at one point he blames Dre for basically choosing Em and 50 over him, then says eminem is mad cuz no one thinks he matters.

how much does game matter then?

it sucks. i do like game and though he would have more than this. my brother said it best. it felt rushed, yet hes been working on it for like 6 months.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the sad thing is, he did this to promote the album. obviously

but i thought his album wasn't coming out til next week cuz I haven't heard or seen ANYBODY comment on ANY other track on the album

that whole shit is out tho

and the only track getting any traction, the only one making him relevant

is the one where he disses Em for not being relevant

30 tracks on the album and this all anyone cares to discuss. Features from everybody. Youngboy, meek, Pusha T, Kanye, ASAP etc.

None draw more eyes and ears than the mere mention of Em.

Super satisfying.

I'll go back to liking Game after Em's diss drops tho

Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah honestly, he shoulda sat on that Kanye single. At least the Pete Davidson disses would have got him some attention too.

he says no one plays eminem at the club/in their car. i never hear anyone playing game anymore either.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast