User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia

Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agoraphobia

All this time i thought it was fear of going outside, or fear of leaving your house

But ive found out thats its also being afraid of not being able to escape a situation, like a small room for example with 1 door, full of people. And not being near the door can trigger agoraphobia...

Im semi claustrophobic, but its not exactly all about tight confined spaces. Because i used to go caving and ive been in crazy tight places many many times... the feeling of claustrophobia only sets in for me when i perceive difficulty or impossibility in escape.

Like this summer, went camping in bear country. And the tent i was in i was furthest from the door. I woke up middle of the night with the intense urge to get the hell out of the tent. It was literally the only thing important at the time. I would have pushed a toddler to the ground to escape fuck him.

Another example, if i put on say a wetsuit, and if youve ever worn a fitted wetsuit they are tight and quite difficult to get off when wet. If i have too much trouble getting it off id get panicky.

Or another example, i had a ring i couldnt get off. Full panic, all i cared about was getting it the hell off... took over every thought. I finally ripped it off along with half my finger skin, demolished my finger...but the releif of having it off overpowered the pain.

I can see how an animal will chew its leg off to escape a trap. Ive been there

So ive found out that i have claustrophobia of the agoraphobic persuasion.

Any you mofos claustrophobic?
    Outwardly there is cronological time. The mind has applied this internally, it says, logically there is time its obvious. So then the mind thinks within time. I am a little depressed now, but i will get to a state of non depression later. The now and later is the time. Takes time to get from here to there. This is also creating a duality. Two things. I am this(the now), i will be that(the later). Simple things like this make you believe in theres a me controlling the thinking.
    nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MRI machines freak me the fuck out

Mentioned
    2310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve never been inside a tight space, nawmchompsky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Youíll never see the pain I hide behind a flipped frown

Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g.t. View Post
    MRI machines freak me the fuck out
    Imagining it doesnt seem so bad but i havent been in one so lol.... but at the same time thinking about being stuck in a broke down submarine at the bottom of the ocean is terrifying
    Outwardly there is cronological time. The mind has applied this internally, it says, logically there is time its obvious. So then the mind thinks within time. I am a little depressed now, but i will get to a state of non depression later. The now and later is the time. Takes time to get from here to there. This is also creating a duality. Two things. I am this(the now), i will be that(the later). Simple things like this make you believe in theres a me controlling the thinking.
    nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    2310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not claustrophobic that I know of but I have never been in those right tunnels that people go in when cave exploring. Iíve been to caves and Iíve done numerous escape rooms.

Mentioned
    2310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bustalot View Post
    Imagining it doesnt seem so bad but i havent been in one so lol.... but at the same time thinking about being stuck in a broke down submarine at the bottom of the ocean is terrifying
    Yeah this would
    Bother me

Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    I’ve never been inside a tight space, nawmchompsky?

Chomnompsky...

Me either blame our tiny microgenitals
    nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bustalot View Post
    You're so tight in there the walls touch each shoulder...and you're strapped to the gurney to prevent movement, then slid inside - so its like those body lockers inside of a morgue...except tighter, and strapped down

Bambino di Agrigento Primo Playmaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heights terrify me but other than that I'm pretty dumb and fearless.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I think of Agoraphobia I think of sheila in shameless.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast