User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia

Mentioned
    850 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g.t. View Post
    You're so tight in there the walls touch each shoulder...and you're strapped to the gurney to prevent movement, then slid inside - so its like those body lockers inside of a morgue...except tighter, and strapped down
    Definitely would tickle my clautrophobia, specially if it has a door they close at your feet
    jibberjabber

Nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm the opposite of claustrophobic. Being confined in a small space is comforting to me. I had a MRI last year and enjoyed it other than the annoying noises.

I could sleep in a closed coffin with oxygen being pumped in.

I noticed though that I don't really like wide open spaces like huge open rooms with nothing or no one else in them, or if driving, wide open views of just open fields and endless land/road.

Mentioned
    850 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah wide open space has no bother to me.

For me its escape. Im cool as long as i know i can escape. As ive said ive been in super tight places deep inside mountains... but as long as i could escape.

like if i got trapped in the superdome. Im not feeling claustrophobic or agoraphobic... If im in a coffin sleepin, well it would depend. If i started thinking shit like what if the roof collapses in an earthquake and im trapped under weight inside a coffin, id freak out. But say i had a tool with me that would allow me to atleast break out of the coffin i would feel ok about it.
    jibberjabber

Nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rate my claustrophobia 8/10. It's pretty severe, has been since I was little. I can't do tents, no possible way I could do caves again (I've tried) but I don't slip into the agoraphobic thing. I can go to parties and be away from doors and trapped thoughts don't enter my mind. I can wear a fitted wetsuit but I've panicked over a stuck ring too. I've had my share of MRIs but insisted on the open machine and they weren't bad.

Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLY View Post
    I think I'm the opposite of claustrophobic. Being confined in a small space is comforting to me. I had a MRI last year and enjoyed it other than the annoying noises.

I could sleep in a closed coffin with oxygen being pumped in.

I noticed though that I don't really like wide open spaces like huge open rooms with nothing or no one else in them, or if driving, wide open views of just open fields and endless land/road.
    Just reading that gave me the heebies. eeeesh

Mentioned
    850 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    I'd rate my claustrophobia 8/10. It's pretty severe, has been since I was little. I can't do tents, no possible way I could do caves again (I've tried) but I don't slip into the agoraphobic thing. I can go to parties and be away from doors and trapped thoughts don't enter my mind. I can wear a fitted wetsuit but I've panicked over a stuck ring too. I've had my share of MRIs but insisted on the open machine and they weren't bad.

one of the worst for me is airplane crashes in the sea... yeah yeah i know ill probably be dead anyway but i get scared that all the panicky dipshits will get me killed because they will be all flailing and screaming running around like chickens with their heads cut off and block me from escaping

planes that taxi on to the runways, but then sit there for long periods of time, that shit drives me crazy. I can see myself being on the news for popping the door of an aircraft parked on the runway for hours like those horror stories of sitting on the runway for hours... nope not me. Ill fuckin bust that door and jump out.
    jibberjabber

Nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    2326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You’ll never see the pain I hide behind a flipped frown

Mentioned
    1064 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says alot about you if you ain't feeling us

Mentioned
    2326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^

You’ll never see the pain I hide behind a flipped frown

Mentioned
    1600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bustalot View Post
    one of the worst for me is airplane crashes in the sea... yeah yeah i know ill probably be dead anyway but i get scared that all the panicky dipshits will get me killed because they will be all flailing and screaming running around like chickens with their heads cut off and block me from escaping

planes that taxi on to the runways, but then sit there for long periods of time, that shit drives me crazy. I can see myself being on the news for popping the door of an aircraft parked on the runway for hours like those horror stories of sitting on the runway for hours... nope not me. Ill fuckin bust that door and jump out.
    hahaha I freaking HATE planes, I get it. Especially the sitting on the tarmac waiting. When I was a little kid, due to my own stupidity, my parents and I very narrowly missed our plane that crashed and everyone died. I have issues with flying in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Oh?

Yessir. The pacific can get cold after a while in this part of the state.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast