Do you enjoy arguing?

Growing up, arguing is just what we did lol

Like a biological drive or an itch to be scratched

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends

I donít like vicious arguing, and itís actually painful for me to yell / scream loud so I never do it. I avoid at all costs.

But I never shy away from fierce debate, irl and online lol
    they got amnesia

Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer discussing, where both people listen.

Arguing i find, at least in my experience includes being mean and stubborn, and usually goes nowhere... and i hate conversations that go nowhere, and being mean... so arguing isnt high on my list
    Outwardly there is cronological time. The mind has applied this internally, it says, logically there is time its obvious. So then the mind thinks within time. I am a little depressed now, but i will get to a state of non depression later. The now and later is the time. Takes time to get from here to there. This is also creating a duality. Two things. I am this(the now), i will be that(the later). Simple things like this make you believe in theres a me controlling the thinking.
    nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    1050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good debate with somebody mature who won't get in their feelings.

I don't like raising my voice in anger. If we're bullshitin and jokin around that's different.
    Says alot about you if you ain't feeling us

Mentioned
    4458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like arguing but I love talking through things and that's often misconstrued as argumentative.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only if I win the argument

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes. more the debating than arguing as everyone has said, but i do a lot of both

but if it gets heated, I'll undoubtedly feel bad and regret that it happened immediately after

I often find myself playing devil's advocate. But only if I can see the logic behind what Im arguing. I won't argue for the sake of arguing or say things I wholly don't believe.

But for example, if a group of people is spouting pro choice talking points, I'll likely feel compelled to argue against abortion.

But if another group of religious folk or whoever it might be are arguing against abortion under any circumstance, I'll prolly argue for pro choice.

It isn't really a conscious decision. I just see both sides of a lot of arguments and if I feel like some legitimate evidence is being swept under the rug in favor of one side of the argument or the other I feel honor bound to point it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_wp View Post
    I like getting my salad tossed and tossing the salads. Itís normal in 2022 tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Trump is a vile human being

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even enjoy talking. I like peace and quiet and to be able to think about and plan out action that actually accomplishes something. Talking is a waste of time 90% of the time. Arguing is a waste of time and energy 100% of the time.

Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grew up in a calm household. Nobody was an actuall yeller, nobody screamed in anger, issues were talked about, unfairly or fairly, at least we talked calmly... i appreciated that growing up.

So i dont do "well" when it comes to being mean and hurtful. By well i mean i dont have a plethora of remarks and insults to level at someone and score points. I dont like being mean, i dont like making people feel bad. I am not interested in either. I dont have a medium, i have small, and large. My large is usually overkill and efficient. I dont use it...its a rare weapon i keep shiney

So for me soon as something turns to an argument(hurtfull name calling, meanness, stubbornness etc) i usually bow out. Pisses people off because they wanna continue that road. And im 100% willing to walk A road with them, just not the hurtful mean one.
    Last edited by Sir Bustalot; 09-24-2022 at 07:42 PM.
    Outwardly there is cronological time. The mind has applied this internally, it says, logically there is time its obvious. So then the mind thinks within time. I am a little depressed now, but i will get to a state of non depression later. The now and later is the time. Takes time to get from here to there. This is also creating a duality. Two things. I am this(the now), i will be that(the later). Simple things like this make you believe in theres a me controlling the thinking.
    nawmchomsky?

Mentioned
    2310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. The term argument has a negative connotation. A civilized conversation can still be an argument.

So, to answer the question as you intended, no I donít like yelling and cursing and all of that. But engaging in a conversation which contains a difference of opinion without the emotional outburst? Iím all for it. Unfortunately thereís people who are always in their feelings so a different opinion is taken personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Youíll never see the pain I hide behind a flipped frown