User Tag List

all is a burden as ever. Dexterity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

US govt sues Google for winning at capitalism

https://www.rt.com/news/570439-us-su...ng-online-ads/

Google has used “anti-competitive, exclusionary” practices to illegally crush or diminish any major threats to its dominance over the online advertising industry, President Joe Biden’s administration has alleged in a lawsuit against the company.

The US Department of Justice (DOJ) filed its antitrust lawsuit against Google on Tuesday in US District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, calling for the company to be forced to sell off parts of its advertising business. Advertising accounts for about 80% of the Big Tech behemoth’s revenue.

Google owns dominant services enabling customers to offer advertising space, create better ads and match publishers with advertisers. The company has leveraged its size and reach to buy out or disrupt “actual or potential” competitors and to leave advertisers and websites little choice but to use its services, the lawsuit alleged.

“Google has thwarted meaningful competition and deterred innovation in the digital advertising industry, taken supra-competitive profits for itself and prevented the free market from functioning fairly to support the interests of the advertisers and publishers who make today’s powerful internet possible,” the DOJ said....
    “In mythology, the Medusa can petrify people with a look – which is a good thing, I think. But the Medusa is a unique symbol – something strong. It’s about going all the way.” ― Donatella Versace

Mentioned
    4488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this has been ongoing for a while. Monopolies are supposedly against the law yet the government picks and chooses who they call out.

I tried to teach nigguhs how to be
    kings

And all they ever wanted to be was
    soldiers.

Instagram: doctor_wp

Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capitalism is about having innovation and competition, so destroying that is anti-capitalism.

Jook is right though, the government decides which monopoly they want to go after, otherwise they’re 100% pro-monopoly.

For example, the telecommunications act that consolidated 50 companies into 6, they tell you Facebook and Twitter are (were for Twitter) the only good SM companies and worked with apple and maybe google to eliminate the alt-sm apps from their stores, etc.

Defund the government

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Twamp View Post
    yeah, I'm literally done with them. my fav thing from them is their chicken nuggets but I'm not eating McDonald's again. quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper View Post
    I wanted to be a hot dog

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyc View Post
    Capitalism is about having innovation and competition
    This is how capitalism works in a Hayek book

Not how it works in reality.
    “In mythology, the Medusa can petrify people with a look – which is a good thing, I think. But the Medusa is a unique symbol – something strong. It’s about going all the way.” ― Donatella Versace

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kling the competition and making the revolving door of government your bitch is actual capitalism.