How are you with taking feedback?

J o o k

Re: How are you with taking feedback?

Post by J o o k »

Resilient wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:16 pm
J o o k wrote:
Big Homey Urb wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:24 pm My wife usually tells me where to tighten up. Most of the time her thoughts are valid, other times when she hears me collaborating with coworkers on the phone and it sounds unhinged and 100% on the fly due to the nature of the work, she’ll mention how I sounded unsure of the situation - then I remind her it’s because I am, I’m not going to know everything and being genuine and not putting on a show is a large part with building trust with your colleagues. She works a position where she doesn’t make decisions and she is able to rattle on the same rehearsed/canned communication over and over again. For me, each day is dynamic and there is no voice script to follow, only experience, thinking outside of the box, and problem solving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao I love that she does that man, telling you you’re unhinged is wild. I give my wife feedback too, like yo, that message you delivered wasn’t clear and it was quite cyclical, here’s how we can make it stronger….

My passion (it took me 30 plus years to figure this out) is performance, well-being, and self actualization. I would like to start a coaching business for aspiring executives or people that want to take it to the next level.
I could use that type of class for when I make lieutenant and become the PIO

==========

A wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from his friends - Baltasar Gracian
Yessir! You’re well on your way there now
J o o k

Post by J o o k »

cody wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:47 pm love constructive critique, i seek it, ask for it actually. i tend to accept it best from those i know have my best interest at heart - on a personal level. when it comes down to a serious conversation and things need to be said i am 100% all about open, honest, and vulnerable communication with 0 ego involved. i value my husband's views on life and how to handle interpersonal relationships more than anything - so if he tells me i'm acting a certain way towards a situation, bet that up i'm going to fix it with 0 ego.

in a professional environment - feedback needs appropriate timing, precision, and tact.
Does your husband come from an executive background? What gives him authority on the subject to tell you how to handle things aside from being hubby?
J o o k

Post by J o o k »

Vulgar wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:38 pm What's being said is more important than the source imo. If somebody that loves you and somebody who doesn't like you say the same negative thing about you. Big chance it's true.
So much this
J o o k

Post by J o o k »

cody wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:57 pm People in here acting like they are immune to feeling some type of way when it comes to negative feedback and they accept it from any and every where no matter what and they improve and now have become superhuman :lol:

It’s a great theory, but no one on these boards are immune to their own ego

It’s human nature, we accept a little more from others and we reject a little more from others depending on where we see them - mentally, physically, socially, morally, financially

Weather we are in a work environment or weather it’s personal

It all depends on how we view them.

Give me a break
That’s the great thing about feedback, you can totally disregard it if you think you know better. Some people do that.
cody

Post by cody »

J o o k wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:37 pm
cody wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:47 pm love constructive critique, i seek it, ask for it actually. i tend to accept it best from those i know have my best interest at heart - on a personal level. when it comes down to a serious conversation and things need to be said i am 100% all about open, honest, and vulnerable communication with 0 ego involved. i value my husband's views on life and how to handle interpersonal relationships more than anything - so if he tells me i'm acting a certain way towards a situation, bet that up i'm going to fix it with 0 ego.

in a professional environment - feedback needs appropriate timing, precision, and tact.
Does your husband come from an executive background? What gives him authority on the subject to tell you how to handle things aside from being hubby?
I really loves the way he handles people. He has insane people skills.
:mrgreen:
Zyc

Post by Zyc »

Caveat to all criticism is the source.

Some people try to offer criticism and you know they don’t know shit so just go “yeah” and keep it moving

J o o k

Post by J o o k »

Zyc wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:04 pm Caveat to all criticism is the source.

Some people try to offer criticism and you know they don’t know shit so just go “yeah” and keep it moving

lol yeah … my favorite thing to say when I’m casually telling someone to gurgle a satchel of Richard’s is …. For sure 😁
Big Moose

Post by Big Moose »

J o o k wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:44 pm The catalyst is we have a member here that’s kind of talented but doesn’t take or incorporate any feedback so they’ll never be anything more than they are now, they can’t grow.
Why do you have to be a condescending dick like this?

I didn't insult you I just told you why I disagree with your criticism. Or not even disagree necessarily, but see it differently.

Perhaps I came off sensitive due to it being a thread full of hate. Its easy to lump in genuine criticism with trolling.

But then you're obviously trolling on a certain level now and have trolled me bout my music in the past, so how am i to know when you're being genuine?

Either way, I just don't understand your random mood shifts. We'd been getting along fine but you gotta go back to talking down to me like this for no reason.

Thanks for calling me kinda talented.

I agree
J o o k

Post by J o o k »

Big Moose wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:17 pm
J o o k wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:44 pm The catalyst is we have a member here that’s kind of talented but doesn’t take or incorporate any feedback so they’ll never be anything more than they are now, they can’t grow.

I didn't insult you I just told you why I disagree with your criticism. Or not even disagree necessarily, but see it differently.

Perhaps I came off sensitive due to it being a thread full of hate. Its easy to lump in genuine criticism with trolling.

But then you're obviously trolling on a certain level now and have trolled me bout my music in the past, so how am i to know when you're being genuine?

Either way, I just don't understand your random mood shifts. We'd been getting along fine but you gotta go back to talking down to me like this for no reason.

I agree
Who said I’m talking about you bro? How do you take feedback at work? Coachable?
cody

Post by cody »

J o o k wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:20 pm
Big Moose wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:17 pm

I agree
Who said I’m talking about you bro? How do you take feedback at work? Coachable?
Damn who you talking about then? What can I do to be better?
:mrgreen: